Study guide for the novel by Roald Dahl. This is a bundle of learning tasks designed to reinforce and stimulate learning through activity. It is a set of ready-to-go worksheets/resources for students (I believe in getting students to do the work themselves). The inclusion of different types of activities is a ploy to appeal to students' different learning styles, and will help if you are faced with mixed ability groups.
The 14 resources included are
• Detailed Reading Questions with Answers
. Use to check reading comprehension and to focus students' thoughts on plot and character.
• Plot Summary as Cloze Test
. An activity to support weaker students which all will enjoy. The individual tests could also be used as assessments.
• Final Assessment Multiple Choice
. Use to guide students' reading, as a scavenger hunt, or as a final assessment - 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
• Big Fun Review Crossword Puzzle
. A good activity with which to finish your reading of the novel.
The following activities are vocabulary related. They could be used to pre-teach words, to check comprehension, or just for fun. They are useful resources to use with early finishers, or for use as fillers on occasions when you need something and have nothing else prepared.
• Chapter 1 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapter 1 Vocabulary Word Search Puzzle
• Chapter 4 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapter 4 Word Search and Vocabulary Exercise
• Chapters 11-12 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapters 11-12 Word Search Puzzle and Sentence Completion Exercise
• Chapter 18 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapter 18 Vocabulary Word Search Puzzle
• Chapter 22 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapter 22 Word Search Puzzle
Each of the resources is available as a separate item from my store. Click on the links above to read the detailed description of each.
The preview file contains samples of most of the items included.
The solutions to all activities are included.