Also included in
- A bundle of seven Roald Dahl novel studies! It includes Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, Fantastic Mr. Fox, The BFG, The Magic Finger, The Enormous Crocodile, and The Witches. 200+ pages of student work, plus answer keys! Be sure to also check out our Roald Da$44.40$55.50Save $11.10
This is a novel study for The Witches by Roald Dahl. . 56 pages of student work, plus an answer key! This novel study divides The Witches into eight sections for study. The chapters are grouped as follows: Chapter 1-2, 3-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-19, 20-22.
This novel study is also available in our Roald Dahl Author Bundle! Click here to see the listing!
Includes the following:
• The Witches novel study title page for students
• Dictionary Look-up sheets (8 total)
• Vocabulary Study sheets (8 total)
• Understanding the Story comprehension worksheets (8 total)
• Chapter Summary worksheets (8 total)
• Time for a Test! assessment sheets (2 pages - includes multiple choice, short answer and long answer questions)
• 20 Comprehension worksheets (includes Before Reading, Author Research, Character Chart, Making Predictions, Plot Mountain, Story Timeline, Conflict, Setting, Theme, Problem Solving, Cause and Effect, Character Types, Character Map, Facts and Opinions, Persuasive Writing, Quotations, Character Comparison, Story Comparison, Making Connections)
• Reading Log for students to record novels read
• Answer key - 18 pages (for the Vocabulary Study, Understanding the Story, and test pages)
• Outline of Common Core standards met for grades 3 - 5
Included in the download are PowerPoint files for each section of the novel study. Use these files right in PowerPoint, or upload them to your Google Drive / Google Classroom account to share with your students! Your students will be able to fill in their answers and submit their work, all online.
Please note that the print and digital versions are not identical. The digital versions of our novel studies have mostly the same content as our print versions, but the format of some activities differ in order to make them easier for students to complete digitally, and some questions and activities have been altered or eliminated. For example, drawing activities have been eliminated.
*** We recommend this informational text and activity package all about the author. Please have a look: Roald Dahl
Aligned to common core - RL3.1, RL3.3, RL3.4, RL3.5, RL3.6, L3.1, L3.4, L3.5, RL4.1, RL4.2, RL4.3, RL4.4, L4.4, L4.5, RL5.1, RL5.2, RL5.3, RL5.4, L5.4, L5.5
© The Book Umbrella