Introduce your students to the timeless story, The Wizard of Oz while working on listening and language targets! Seven full games are included in this super pack! The following goals and activities are featured:
1. The Tin Man’s Parts- Infer/identify the item whose parts are listed.
2. WIzarDIOMS- Read figures of speech in context, determine their meaning, and place them with the appropriate character.
3. Coward’s Compare & Contrast- This game targets comparing and contrasting items. Beware of the Wicked Witch, or build up your courage and take back your cards!
4. Follow the Function Road- Two game boards are included. Identify the function of the object on which your game piece lands. Make your way down the yellow brick road to the Wizard.
5. Scarecrow’s Silly Sentences- Build your own scarecrow while correcting sentence absurdities.
6. The Which is Witches- Answer “Which is,” questions, comparing two items.
7. Wizard of Oz Comprehension- Listen to or read 30 short passages about the Wizard of Oz and answer the listed question. Fill your WH- mat to win the game.
Pair these games with a short Wizard of Oz storybook, such as The Wizard of Oz retold by Carol Ottolenghi, available from Amazon. Your students will become familiar with a timeless, well-known story and gain practice with listening and spoken language!