This adorable and kid-friendly Halloween story is perfect for helping your students learn to retell the story, practice number and color word recognition, work on critical writing skills, adorable crafts, and so much more. This super fun unit is jam-packed with retell crafts, math printables, writing prompts, word wall cards, a STEM activity, and so much more!
Do you remember hearing the story The Chocolate Chip Ghost when you were little? This story has been retold by primary teachers for years and years. There is a book available now as well. I created a resource that is full of everything you could possibly want when studying this ever popular story. I have included my own version of this story that goes along with all of the activities. If you own the book, this is the perfect time to talk about different versions of popular stories.
The unique paper towel craft will really help students commit this story to memory.
There is so much in this resource that it is difficult to explain it all!
You will find the following:
- Photo Instructions from my classroom
- Wonky Donkey Word Wall Cards in color - (Perfect to introduce the story! Explain difficult to understand vocabulary words and let students use for reference when writing!)
- Wonky Donkey Word Wall Cards in printer-friendly black & white
- Donkey Hallway Display Craft in color (I use the color to create my sample.)
- Donkey Hallway Display Craft in black & white (I give students these to color, cut out, and create their own.)
- Donkey Paper Bag Craft in color
- Donkey Paper Bag Craft in black & white
- Large Donkey Head in color (I make a mask to retell the story by attaching a pocket on the back and sliding a craft stick in or we use as headbands by stapling them to a sentence strip.)
- Large Donkey Head in black & white
- Labeling Sheet in color - (I use this one as a sample.)
- Labeling Sheet in black & white
- Cut & Paste Wonky Donkey Printable in color
- Cut & Paste Wonky Donkey Printable in black & white
- Class Book - Cover and Inside Pages in color and black & white
- Individual Books - Color & Write the word donkey on each page
- Fiction Writing Prompts to go with story both with and without dotted lines
- Nonfiction Writing Prompts to go with donkey study both with and without dotted lines
- Blank Writing Pages with Title only to use as needed
Be sure to check out the thumbnails and preview to get an up-close look at the beautiful format and engaging activities included.
Try these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
• Huge Seasonal Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails