This product is an integral part of my writer's workshop. It's how I motivate my student writer's. They set writing stamina goals based on a minimum that I set in class. Each night they use this journal for free writing at home. They bring it back to school each day to show their stamina. They reflect on the quality of their writing effort each night, determining if they need to improve their practice.
On Fridays, students know that we have a Read-Around, during which they can either share from their stamina journal or their writer's notebook that we use in class. They can't wait to share! They can't wait to have freedom over their writing each week. This little tool turns my reluctant writers into motivated writers. It includes the following:
1. One teacher talk page, with directions.
2. One writing stamina data notebook page (black and white).
3. Nine different designs of stamina notebook pages suitable for a variety of writing genres (black and white).
4. One cover design for the stamina notebook (black and white).
5. One free writing list of suggestions for students that I include on the back side of the journal cover (black and white).
6. One writing stamina self-reflection page for student use (black and white).
We so often focus on reading stamina, but research shows that reading and writing skills must and should develop in a parallel manner. This tool from Wild Child Designs will help with that goal! It's perfect for home or classroom use.