As I teacher, I do my best to model my thinking for my students when I'm teaching and conferring. I also know that my practice changes year to year and I love creating resources that I can use again and again as my teaching style evolves. This is THAT resource for writing that I come back to again and again to tweak and grow despite genre, structure, or philosophy.
This resource was created because I found myself wanting a resource that empowers my students and provides modeling in the moments that I can't be by their side. This resource gives kids the ability to take the ownership over their thinking, increasing their independence and helping them to grow as writers. It promotes growth mindset and fits right into my progressive classroom.
- a guide mini-lessons you teach in class
- small group instruction
- a resource for differentiation
- posters for your classroom
- put in clear sleeves and add it to a class writing reference binder
- notes pages in writing binders or folders
- inserts in writing journals
- as writing checklists
I'd love to hear how you use my resources in your unique classrooms! Please consider leaving a comment with your feedback. :)