This resource, The Writing Process: Anchor Charts & More for Developing Writer’s, includes a set of 7 colorful posters, each describing a different step in the writing process using “kid-friendly” language and appealing clip art. There is an 8 ½ x 11 poster for each of these steps: prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, conferencing, publishing, and sharing. Teacher information pages, checklists, posters, and printables are included for most of the steps.
Here are the contents and the Common Core standards addressed in this resource are shown below:
Developing Topics for Writing (page 4-12)
1. “What Will I Write About Today? – Teacher notes
2. Printables for developing writing topics
Writing Process Anchor Charts and More (pages 13-58)
1. A teacher information page is included for each step in the writing process. A smaller version of the actual poster appears in the upper-left corner.
2. Seven colorful posters describe the most common steps in the writing process using “kid-friendly” language and clip art
3. A set of seven large yellow pencil cutouts numbered 1 to 7 for display with the posters
The Writing Process “Ladder” Wall Display (pages 59-70)
1. An alternate display for the writing process steps in the form of a “ladder” – Measures approximately 8 feet tall from bottom of the ladder to the top. Perfect for a tall, narrow wall space!
2. Uses the same writing process steps, language, and clipart as in the posters on pages 13-58, just a different format
Common Core State Standards:
Conventions of Standard English
L.K.2a / L.1.2a (capitalization)
L.K.2b / L.1.2b (punctuation)
L.1.2d and L.1.2e (spelling)
Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
L.1.6 (uses print-rich environment; participates in discussions)
Text Types and Purposes
W.1.1 / W.1.3 / W.2.3 / W.1.5 / W.2.5 (topics)
Speaking and Listening Standards:
SL.1.1 / SL.1.4 / SL.1.5 (discussing ideas and topics)