Use these very MEMORABLE and engaging powerpoint to guide your students to understand the steps of the writing process! One of my most popular lessons of the year!
These 31 slides are extremely easy to follow for both the teacher and the class.
FIRST, students are following a plan of a pizza party where we plan to make our very own pizza! Once you go through all the steps, students are surprised that they have just used the writing process. The slides are reviewed but each one has an added speech bubble which identifies/quickly explains each step of the process.
Pizza Party Metaphor
1. Brainstorm: Which types of pizza would you like?
2. Prewrite: Focus on certain types of pizza and plan which ones you want!
3. Rough Draft: Write your initial grocery list.
4. Revise and Edit: Make changes to the list!
5. Final Draft: Make the pizza!
Check out these matching Writing Process Posters
Please follow my store and don't forget to leave feedback to get your TPT credit! Just go to MY PURCHASES
and look for the Leave Feedback!
Editing Review Game
Helping Verbs Powerpoint Game
Context Clue Game
Fractured Fairytale Readers Theater
Pronoun Board Game: Professor Penguin!
Types of Sentences Go Fish!