Included in this Unit:
1. About the Author Poster- Learn some facts about Kevin Henkes
2. Sequencing Activity- passages, a sequencing mat, recording sheet, and answer key included
3. Graphic Organizers & Activities- Compare & Contrast, Summarizing, Problem/Solution, Beginning/Middle/End, Cause & Effect, Character, Visualizing, Fact & Opinion, Making Inferences, Closing Anchor Chart activity
4. Retelling Activities– We learn about Billy’s life with 4 important people in each part of this story. Draw and write about the parts of this story using the mini book and/or flapbook provided.
5. Writing- Graphic organizer in which students can organize a writing assignment of your choice. Stationary is included.
6. Vocabulary- cards, interactive flip flaps, and squares activity for parts 1-4. There are a variety of ways to use the vocabulary resources.
7. ABC order using the many treasures found in Papa’s garage. This includes student directions, sorting cards, and a recording sheet.
8. Assemblages- Billy gave his father the brilliant idea of using his treasures to create a diorama. His father did so, changing the name to assemblages. Use the labels provided with a shoebox to create an assemblage based on The Year of Billy Miller. Family letter included.
9. Making Words activity using the letters in Billy Miller
10. Word Search with answer key