This $$$ saving bundle has been updated to now include three complete products (all are at least partially editable). SAVE OVER 50% when you buy this bundle (as opposed to buying each of the products separately).
Witches and Women
The Yellow Wallpaper Text Only!
The Yellow Wallpaper Activities
You will need some sort of zip program (free download on net) to open this file of ppt and pdf files. Just updated to add some more technology links and a powerpoint I use "Witches And Women" which is a quick overview of society's views on women's mental health throughout history. If you have already purchased this, please re-download to get the updates for FREE. This bundle now includes::
1) The original short story (59 pages editable) with a note taking section on each page, along with a simple recall response and possible answers. Pictures have been added to each page to help with answering the text dependent questions;
2) Women and Witches 18 page Powerpoint to explore issues in women's mental health; and,
3) A 45 page activities packet (I Have/Who Has for vocabulary), Smelly Socks (for students with sensory needs), Confidence Destroyer Paper Dolls, Essential Question, Short Contructed Responses (with sample answers), Fun "Spouse Wanted" Poster Making Activity and online links. All graphics used are public domain in this packet (except as noted on locked pages). This packet was designed for Special Education High School students (but you can use it for lower grade students) to help students understand the complex short story The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. As with all of my products, there are many options/activities and you don't have to use all the items - you can pick and choose which ones look fun/interesting for your class. The shortest amount of time to get through this would probably be around three days, with the longest being a week (depending on your students).
The packet includes:
1) 14 Questions (True/False Pre/Post Test);
2) Answer Key for Pre/Post Test;
4) Essential Question Tally Sheet;
5) Vocabulary Development Game (I Have/Who Has) 39 cards with extra pages of blanks for you (or the students to fill in);
6) Answer Key for I Have/Who Has Cards;
7) Jigsaw Reading (with Three Most Important Things Worksheet);
8) Extension Activities: (Choose the ones you want):
a) Paper Doll Confidence Destroyer (Sensory Diet Component through paper tearing);
b) Smelly Socks (Sensory Recall Activity for Moderate/Severe Students to be included);
c) 5 Questions for Short Essay Response and Possible Answers with simple Rubric (for your advanced students);
d) VictorianMatch.com Computer Poster Making Activity;
e) link to Mental Health youtube.com quiz;
f) link to youtube.com 12 minute scene from The Yellow Wallpaper;
g) link to youtube.com Victorian clothes;
h) Quick Author Study;
i) Women or Witches Powerpoint; and
j) Complete text (editable) with pictures, simple text dependent questions, notes space and possible answer key.
Enjoy! Peggy Simpson Rescue Dogs' Series