If you're teaching Charlotte Perkins Gilman's short story, "The Yellow Wallpaper," this bundle will get your students thinking, writing, and creating! With more than 50 pages, this bundle includes:
• Close-reading passages with questions
• 44 task cards with critical thinking questions that can be used for quizzes, bell-ringers, exit slips, or group activities
• Character medical evaluation chart - Diagnose the narrator!
• Creative mixed media project with student samples
• Pre-reading activities with related nonfiction
• Paired poetry activity using an Emily Dickinson's poem
• Socratic Seminar questions, lesson plan, and student evaluation
• A copy of the short story, "The Yellow Wallpaper," nicely formatted
• "Why I Wrote 'The Yellow Wallpaper'" article and questions
• Dr. Weir Mitchell and the rest cure reading and activity
• Passage analysis essay prompt
• And more!
Files are organized in folders to make locating materials easier. These activities were used in upper-level classes, but can be adapted to fit the needs of your students.
This short story works as great pre-reading for Jane Eyre or A Doll's House. Check out those unit bundles here!
Jane Eyre Worksheets, Handouts, Projects BUNDLE
A Doll's House Worksheets, Handouts, Projects, and Activities