The a e i o u Posters - Sounds that Vowels Make Helpers
Long vowels and short vowel posters, charts, cards and desk strips.
This file is a collection of aids that will complement your phonemic awareness and phonics program.
UPDATE: This file has been updated as of November, 2015 as there were two typos, on pages 14 and 15.
Vowels are organized under a, e, i, o, u.
Each phoneme is organized under it's matching vowel e.g. ay, ai, make an a sound and ea and ey make an e sound and so on. I have included both common and less common phonemes. Vowel teams that do not make a vowel sound are not included.
The posters are a starting point for you to use with your students when teaching them that vowels make different sounds and have different letter combinations.
Students will be provided with print that they can use during reading, writing and spelling sessions. Often children can hear the sound but are not sure of the letter combinations that to spell the word.
* Big picture: Children will learn that vowels can make different sounds and contain different letter combinations.
* Smaller picture: Children will be exposed to the different sounds that each vowel phoneme can make. They will be given print (posters) to help them access sound and letter combination knowledge when reading, writing and spelling new words.
Your file includes posters, charts, cards and desk strips (no activities or worksheets included) in both color and black and white and consist of:
* One page overview of all vowel sounds with text and examples
* Chart with phonemes only (not words or clipart)
* Desk strips with phonemes only (not words or clipart)
* Desk strips with word examples under vowel headings with color highlighted phonemes
* Vowel sound chart 'at a glance' with sound and one example for all vowels
* Teacher page - list of words for each phoneme for each vowel
* Page with vowel sounds organized by short and long vowels with example (text only)
* Sounds that Vowels Make Poster: phonemes only for a, e, i, o, u (includes all phonemes for each vowel)
* Sounds that Vowels Make Poster: words only, with highlighted phoneme includes all examples for each vowel
* Sounds that Vowels Make Poster: text and picture example for all phonemes for each vowel
* Cards (four to a page) with two example for each phoneme
* Vowel strips (one for each vowel) three to a page - same vowel on each page.
How to's and guides included plus Common Core connections for first through fourth grade standards.
************ PLEASE NOTE: This file IS NOT a collection of vowel teams, r controlled vowels or short and long vowels. I have included vowel teams that make long and short vowel sounds, but haven’t included the irregular, non-vowel sounds. The chart conveys vowel sounds under their matching headings.
I have included less common long u sounds that represent the final phoneme unit that makes an oo sound after the y or u phoneme. These include: ui, ue, oo, ew and ou. This chart aims to help children spell new words. Children can use the chart when they hear the oo sounds (which are heard as a long u sound at the end of articulation) and find what they think is the correct spelling.
************* Please cite the images before purchasing to see if the sounds and their letter combinations match your particular dialect and program. **************
~ Please download the comprehensive preview file for a closer look.
Back to Clever Classroom's home page - Clever Classroom
You may also like our:
★ Spelling Rules and Spelling Strategies COMBO Bundle Polka Dot Theme 74 pages
★ Digraph Desk Tag - Desk Strip
★ Guided Reading Reminder Slips - Strategy and Skill Helpers
★ Dolch Word Walls Pre-Primer, Primer, Grade 1, Grade 2 and Grade 3 Bundled
★ Fry Word Wall Set First 300 Words Bundled
★ Sight Word Fluency Fun Pre-Primer
★ Dolch Pre-Primer Words Snakes and Ladders Games
★ Bottle Cap Center Games for any Word List BUNDLE 30+ Games
★ The a, e, i, o, u Posters - Sounds that Vowels Make Helpers
★ Printables for any Word List
★ I can Read Emergent Center Activities - School Themed BUNDLE
★ Social Skills Flippy Books with Manners/Expectations Posters COMBO
★ Dolch Words Snakes and Ladders Games BUNDLE: All 5 sets
★ Making and Writing Sentences Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall BUNDLE
Copyright © Clever Classroom.
All rights reserved by author. Purchase of this download is for ONE personal classroom use only. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Duplication of this file or any other Clever Classroom files is forbidden and violates copyright law.
If your co-workers are interested in this file, you can purchase a second users license by logging back in and going to the product via the ‘My Purchases’ tab on TpT. Each resource in my store has this option and licenses are usually priced at around 50% of the resource.