This PDF consists of the handout notes to accompany the 31 slide set entitled “Atoms: An Introduction to Atoms”.
A separate 31 slide PowerPoint presentation is available. A separate, free quiz and teachers answers to the quiz are also available for this presentation.
The presentation covers a basic introduction to atoms and includes the following:
• What is the relationship between matter and atoms?
• What is the structure of atoms?
• What is responsible for the atom's mass?
• What is responsible for the atom's size?
• How do the electrons move in the atom?
• What is the electrical charge of the different parts of the atom?
• What is the overall electric charge of an atom?
• What are the energy levels of an atom?
• Atomic theory and the current atomic model is covered briefly to show how our understanding of the atom has developed over the centuries to our current, or standard atomic model.
• There is also be a quick review at the end, to recap the main points.
The slide set presentation will take approximately 40 minutes to an hour. It is set out in an order that allows the students’ knowledge on this material to build in a logical sequence. The fun characters in the slides keep the students' attention, and at the same time addresses questions that may be going through the students' minds.
Atoms: An Introduction to Atoms
by J Smith
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at www.books4dreams.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.books4dreams.com