This worksheet is a great task to demonstrate the real-life application of mathematics in food and in sport. An interesting way to tackle maths for the students who struggle or are not interested in conventional mathematics.
This worksheet combines short answers with some multiple choice questions.
Food Questions include
- Conversions between units
- Calculation of price
- Percentage of ingredients in a recipe
Sport Questions include
- Setting records and understanding stopwatch times
- Conversion between minutes and seconds
- Calculation of speed, distance, time
- Calculating percentage of successful shots at goal etc
- Determining length or circumference of a running track