Also included in
- BUNDLE Save 20%! Here are two units on storytelling--one is Kamishibai storytelling and the other is a beginning storytelling unit. Both units strengthen students listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. And...I've included a FREE Jigsaw Puzzle Story Exercise as a thank you. With a few tPrice $8.00Original Price $9.50Save $1.50
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a middle school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DEPENDPrice $42.52Original Price $47.25Save $4.73
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for an elementary vocal music teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICEPrice $41.60Original Price $48.00Save $6.40
Part of a Bundle This is a 5 day unit focused on storytelling and most successful with fifth through eighth grade students and classes in language arts, reading, drama and ESL. Students strengthen their writing, listening, speaking skills and having fun doing so!
Many of my most reluctant students do very well with storytelling because it doesn't feel like they are performing. Plus, we all draw closer because they share something about their own life. It's a win-win!
Purchase from a trusted, veteran theater teacher (38 years) and director of over 300 plays and musicals whose primary goal is to engage students!
HOW CAN I USE THIS UNIT IN MY CLASSROOM? This unit could be studied separately or in conjunction with a study of memoirs, writing a monologue, creative writing or to practice speaking English.
The product includes:
- Mapped day to day procedure
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Effective Storytelling Techniques
- Materials List
- Assignment for Embarrassing Storytelling Day
- Outline Assignment
- Tips and Advice
- Video Clips—student examples, professional storytellers and a history of storytelling
Students loved this unit for many years.
I am committed to updating my resources and keeping them fresh. This lesson was updated on September 5, 2022.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
For more Dramamommaspeaks products go to:
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.