Also included in
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains SEVENTEEN different lessons (475 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and thirteen concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these$102.40$147.50Save $45.10
- If you have loved my lesson on Lin Manuel Miranda, now you can purchase Hamilton AND In the Heights at a discounted price! These lessons will fill over a week's worth of learning for your drama/theater class, Language Arts, music or gifted/talented. In addition, a teacher could, with a few tweaks$26.10$29.25Save $3.15
- ON SALE MORE THAN 25%! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 40 products (NEARLY 1,225 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom o$207.75$271.75Save $64.00
- Save 15%! Here is a bundle (545 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There is a plethora of exciting theater subjects our high school students appreciate and enjoy learning. A teacher could as$146.47$162.75Save $16.28
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals A to L) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains nine different lessons (325 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$76.20$95.25Save $19.05
- Save 15%!! How much do your students honestly know about Hamilton, the Broadway Musical? Here's some help! Students research, analyze, synthesize and demonstrate their study of the musical and three Tony award winning performers--Lin-Manuel Miranda, Daveed Diggs and Renee Elise Goldsberry. Three O$24.65$28.75Save $4.10
- BUNDLE save 20%!! Here are 42 lessons (1,055 pages) and study guides focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or cooperative l$209.25$232.50Save $23.25
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a high school drama teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DE$50.92$59.25Save $8.33
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a middle school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DEPEND$101.47$109.25Save $7.78
Bundle This fifty page lesson and study guide focuses on the Pulitzer Prize and Tony award winning Hamilton musical. Steeped in American history and musical rap, students study the origin of the musical, themes, plot, creative team, songs and trivia. Finally, they apply this knowledge in a extension activity designed to secure the learning.
This Hamilton Broadway musical lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist Biographies (Lin Manuel Miranda) or other musical lessons (Wicked, Dear Evan Hansen.) In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students who are distance learning with a few tweaks. #DistanceLearningTPT
Note: You receive TWO versions of this product when you purchase it. One is the regular PDF and the other is digital. I divided up the student pages from the teacher’s and added answer boxes to the question/answer sheet. I hope this helps!
Attention: There are a few swear words in the video clips. It is up to the teacher to preview the clips and/or use different ones if they deem they would be more appropriate.
The teacher will need access to youtube.com.
This lesson was created prior to the Disney movie of Hamilton and does NOT require viewing the Disney version. Please note there are several swear words in the clips, so a teacher may want to screen the clips ahead of time.
Everything is provided for the busy teacher. Just print, cue up the links and go!
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Acting Exercise
- Teacher's Script--What I Say and How I Say it!
- Photos of Alexander Hamilton and Lin Manuel Miranda
- Synopsis of the Musical
- Plot of the Musical
- Biography about Lin Manuel Miranda
- Separate File of Photos for Teacher's Use in Lecture
- History about the Origination of the Production
- A Shortened Lesson on: What are the Tony Awards?
- List of Tony Awards and which Hamilton won
- Link to New York City map with competing theaters labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Trivia about Hamilton
- Songs List
- Pinterest Board Link Specifically about Hamilton
- Extension Activities-- SIX Terrific Suggestions of Ways to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience either Individual or Group
- Exit Slips for Daily Use
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show (NOT the Disney movie version)
- And More!
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award-winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Note: This product was updated on April 3, 2022. It is my aim to keep all my products as updated as possible.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
“A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!”
“WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!”
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.