This unit is for theater arts or musical theater students who are learning about musicals and producing a musical play. This file includes:
- Power points with vocabulary terms for musicals and musical production
- A written test (with an answer key) over these terms
- A handout featuring different types of musical theater
- A worksheet for students to complete as they watch a musical (can be done with any musical - staged or film version)
- An activity in which students outline the structure of a TV episode but also add their own appropriate 3 song soundtrack to the episode based on time period, tone, and mood
- A performance test in which students are given 2 completely different songs from previous musicals or from rock history which they are required use to write and perform their own 5-7 mini-musicals. (You can use the songs and lyrics provided or use your own).
- An alternative performance test for students who are out with extended absences and have been unable to work in a gourp