Theater Arts Unit Costume Design High School Level
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- 20% OFF! Here is EVERYTHING you need: 5 TO 6 WEEK'S worth of engaging, unique and creative units about technical theater (and then some) -costume, set, stage properties, sound design, the producer and set designer Ming Cho Lee biography. Wow! Purchasing this bundle you virtually receive a unit forPrice $32.54Original Price $46.49Save $13.95
- Save 30%! Here is a bundle (560 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There are more than enough lessons here to study in high school, especially for second semester beginning theater students--Price $107.43Original Price $153.47Save $46.04
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a high school drama teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DEPrice $40.39Original Price $50.49Save $10.10
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a high school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on this bundle, depending upon the number of products you choose. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave levPrice $108.00Original Price $128.24Save $20.24
- Save 30%! Here is a bundle (545 pages) of theater arts units created especially for the high school teacher for the week of a production. No more worrying about what your classes can study when you are busy with a hundred other responsibilities! . These units are low in teacher to student contact (Price $69.81Original Price $99.73Save $29.92
Part of a Bundle If you are looking for high student engagement, a one week long costume design project is a great subject for them! This 115 page low prep comprehensive, but challenging unit is all ready to go. Students synthesize their learning about the process of costume design, how history of the play affects its design, read and research, use metaphor, view video clips and finally have an opportunity to be costume designers. They develop a keen eye for what makes a distinctive design and how to critique their peer's work as well.
The Teacher will need access to YouTube.com.
The product includes:
- Teacher's Letter
- Teacher's Script for Several Sections of Unit--what I say and how I say it!
- The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
- Questions to Ask when Designing Costumes
- A Complete Slide Presentation about the History of Costume Design (separate file) including an Additional Slide Presentation about Color, Tone, and Basic Design Concepts
- Basic Requirements of a Costume
- How to Use Metaphor in Design
- Procedure for each day, including time allotments
- Materials List
- Musical and Play List Titles of Most Popular Productions in High Schools
- Sources & Video links list including Video Clip Suggestions
- Two Warm-up Exercises—engaging and creative, perfect for the unit
- Two Assignments--one a short essay and another to design
- Costume Plot Example
- Peer evaluation activity
- An Invitation from Me
Comprehensive? You bet. Created by an award-winning veteran drama teacher of 38 years. Enjoy!
This product was updated October 18, 2022
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Here are a few reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
Radio Theater I, "The Invisible Man"
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
Growth Mindset Unit: Famous Theater Artists Unit
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For more products of mine, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/
Here are a few products:
Bundle Theater Artists Biographies