Also included in
- 20% OFF! Here is EVERYTHING you need: 5 TO 6 WEEK'S worth of engaging, unique and creative units about drama-costume, set, stage properties, sound design and the producer. The teacher will need access to YouTube.com. HOW DO I USE THESE IN MY CLASSROOM: Students could study each unit or select one o$35.73$49.00Save $13.27
- Save 15%! Here is a bundle (545 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There is a plethora of exciting theater subjects our high school students appreciate and enjoy learning. A teacher could as$146.47$162.75Save $16.28
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a high school drama teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DE$50.92$59.25Save $8.33
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a high school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on this bundle, depending upon the number of products you choose. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave lev$108.00$134.50Save $26.50
- Save 20%! Here is a bundle (200 pages) of theater arts units created especially for the high school teacher for the week of a production. No more worrying about what your classes can study. These units are low in teacher to student contact (or they can be made so by the teacher). Theater classes ca$83.00$103.25Save $20.25
IMPROVED! This five-day unit on costume design is suitable for high school students and perhaps gifted middle graders. Students learn about the process of costume design, researching, metaphor and have an opportunity to be costume designers. They develop a keen eye for what makes a distinctive design and how to critique their peer's work as well. #DistanceLearning#TPT
The Teacher will need access to YouTube.com.
The product includes:
- Teacher's Letter
- Teacher's Script for Several Sections of Unit--what I say and how I say it!
- The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
- Questions to Ask when Designing Costumes
- A Complete Slide Presentation about the History of Costume Design (separate file) including an Additional Slide Presentation about Color, Tone, and Basic Design Concepts
- How to Use Metaphor in Design
- Procedure for each day, including time allotments
- Materials List
- Musical and PlayList Titles of Most Popular Productions in High Schools
- Sources & Video links list including Video Clip Suggestions
- Two Warm-up Exercises—engaging and creative, perfect for the unit
- Two Assignments--one a short essay and another to design
- Peer evaluation activity
Comprehensive? You bet. Created by an award-winning veteran drama teacher of 38 years. Enjoy!
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Here are a few review of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For more products of mine, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/
Here are a few products: