Theater Lesson Storytelling with Super Heroes Postcard Stories
Also included in
- BUNDLE! These elements of drama lessons study costume design, playwriting storytelling, tableau and movement use super heroes as their focus! These are great in an elementary gifted class or middle school drama class. If you choose to use each lesson, this bundle can take about a week to complete.Price $14.28Original Price $17.85Save $3.57
- DISCOUNT 30%! Are you looking for year-long theater education curriculum and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a gigantic bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 49 products (NEARLY 1,500 PAGES) which were all created by me and time testPrice $199.14Original Price $282.71Save $83.57
- BUNDLE Save 20%! Here are two units on storytelling--one is Kamishibai storytelling and the other is a beginning storytelling unit. These lessons are great for grades fifth to eighth. Each lessons strengthen students listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. Plus, there's a Bonus Lesson foPrice $10.00Original Price $14.00Save $4.00
- Save 20% With Halloween approaching, this is a great bundle to teach. This week-long product teaches about movement, tableau, storytelling and costume design for super hero characters. It gives students an opportunity to be costume designers as well. Plus, I've included super hero mask templatesPrice $15.40Original Price $18.25Save $2.85
"Truth, justice and the American way." Who doesn't like super heroes? This storytelling lesson and exercise, suitable for grades 3-8, is great for a drama class, reading group, Language Arts or storytelling unit. Students work cooperatively, using post cards and creating a short story about someone SPECIAL (hint, hint) in their classroom.
Note: You will need a large postcard collection to teach this lesson effectively. You can also use magazine photos, old photos from calendars, greeting cards or photos from the internet
The product comes with:
- Rationale for Teaching with Super Heroes
- The History of Super Heroes
- What is a Super Hero
- Qualities of a super hero flyer (same qualities we want for our students)
- Teacher’s questions--what I say and how I say it!
- Tips for Success
- Materials List
- Student group example
- Evaluation and alternative assignment
Comprehensive? You bet.
Field tested and created by an award-winning veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Check out my other products at: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
Lin Manuel Miranda Biography (Format Two)
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
Oji San and the Grateful Statues
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.