This Community Helpers Unit for your kindergarten and first grade classrooms is integrated and packed with Community Helpers math, literacy, writing, and social studies activities! Tons of Community Helpers Themed Stations and Activities!
GRAB THIS THEMED UNIT IN A MEGA BUNDLE WITH 19 OTHER INTEGRATED UNITS FOR HUGE SAVINGS! Thematic Units: Mega Bundle
Here's What You Get:
Learn About Community Helpers
• 7 Information Posters with Keywords
• Can/Have/Are Charts
• Fact Writing Templates
4 Community Helper Literacy Centers
• Capital and Lowercase Letter Sort with Mailmen
• Next Letter with Crossing Guards Center
• Beginning Sounds Clothespin Clip at the Vet
• Detective CVC Puzzles (matching CVC picture to word)
4 Community Helper Math Centers
• Firefighter Dash - Differentiated Board Game
• Count the Room with Community Helpers (separate versions for 1-10 and 11-20)
• Cooking up the Next Number (counting on through 10)
• Roll Trace and Color with Number Words (one dice and two dice versions)
Focuses on the sight words I, you, can, go, we, and a
This is a descriptive poem about different community helpers and how they help. I suggest writing the poem out on sentence strips or on an anchor chart to leave up all week. There are corresponding images that go with each line. After sharing whole group, allow students to read in a station. It comes with a recording sheet for students to do in stations.
5 no-Prep Printables
Use these printables as morning work, homework, or independent seat work throughout the day. All are community helper themed and focus on kindergarten math and literacy skills.
Love using themes in your classroom? Check out my other themed sets!
Write the Room: Themes
Apple Math and Literacy
Christmas Math Stations
Fall Math Stations