Dancing as a Team is a weekly unit consisting of activities that focus on the skill cause/effect. The activities can be completed as a whole class, small group, in partners, or in a center. The unit contains:
1. Title, Author, Genre, Skills Posters (copy on card stock)
2. Week 1 Blending Words
3. Phonics poster/Word Sorts
4. Spelling Activities
5. Vocabulary poster/pictures
6. Vocabulary writing/drawing activities
7. Story note taking organizer for summary
8. Comprehension practice
9. Decodable Note
10. Grammar practice sheet for adjectives/abbreviations
11. Formative or Summative Assessment practice
Students have the opportunity to practice life skills through phonics, spelling, vocabulary, comprehension, writing, and art activities. The unit designed addresses the following Common Core Standards:
Language Arts and Literacy:
1, Read closely to determine textual evidence to support conclusions from the text.
2. Determine central idea of themes or text and analyze supporting details.
5. Analyze the structure of texts, including how specific sentences, paragraphs, and larger portions of the text relate to each other and the whole
1. Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in the text.
2. Identify the main purpose of the text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
4a. Read on-level text with purpose and understanding.
Readiness Anchor Standards for Writing:
2. Write informative/explanatory texts to examine ideas and information clearly through organization and analysis of text.
5. Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach,
2. Write informative/explanatory texts in which they introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a concluding statement.