- Do you teach 4th or 5th grade reading? This reading resource will be a lifesaver! It includes everything you need to supplement your reading instruction for the included reading skills (see below for the skills included).This HUGE reading resource is a bundle of 14 of my reading resources and readin$116.00$64.00Save $52.00
This themes in literature resource contains everything you need to teach theme to your 4th and 5th grade students.
NOTE: This resource now has Google Slides™ versions and a Google Form™ version, making it ideal for digital distance learning and remote teaching! Please see the 3rd page of the PDF for details and the links.
Since this theme resource spans 4th and 5th grade, you will notice that it contains a variety of resources for different theme skills and varying text levels and lengths.
****The texts in this resource are not available at multiple levels.
This Teaching Themes resource contains:
- Teaching Posters **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Essential Questions **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Graphic Organizers and Interactive Notebook Templates **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Rubrics and Checklists for Assessment **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Suggested Mentor Texts
- Three Sets of Passages (shorter passages, lengthier passages, and paired texts) - **Also Available in Google Slides**
- 16 Half-Page Task Cards **Also Available in Google Forms**
- Activities and Options for Differentiation: Three Activities - **Also Available in Google Slides**
There are three sets of passages in this resource in addition to the 16 half-page task cards.
Set 1: This set includes 5 shorter and less complex passages. These are perfect for introducing and practicing determining the theme prior to moving to the lengthier, more complex passages.
Set 2: This set includes 4 stories that are lengthier and more complex than Set 1. Each story also contains one page of additional questions. The additional questions are to be used at your discretion. The additional questions do not address the concept of theme, but they may help the students understand the plot of the story.
Set 3: This set includes 3 paired stories for students to practice comparing themes used in different stories. Each pair of stories has the same/similar theme but is developed/presented in a different way.
The following theme activities are included in digital format as well as printable (Google Slides unless noted).
- Digital Theme Posters
- Digital Theme Graphic Organizers
- Digital Theme Passages
- Digital Theme Task Cards
- Digital Theme Small Group Activities (see video preview)
Need More Theme Resources?
You may also like: