Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.28 MB | 26 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RI.11-12.7. They will analyze how a theme or central idea develops over the course of the text (e.g., motif), including
evidence from the text as support. Students will explain how specific details from the text refine or create subtle distinctions that shape the theme using a range of textual evidence. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 5 links to instructional videos or texts
• 1 link to practice quizzes or activities
• Definitions of key terms, such as subject and theme
• 1 assessment that includes two multiple choice questions and one matching question
• Excerpts from several texts, including "Don Quixote de La Mancha" by Miguel de Cervantes
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels