Writing a theme essay is one of the core types of literary analysis, as well as one of the most difficult to master. This workshop guides students from the development of a theme statement for any literary work to the completion of a polished 5-paragraph literary analysis essay.
Included in your purchase (SEE PREVIEW):
- A PowerPoint presentation that takes students through the steps of creating their own theme thesis statement
- An “Identifying Theme in a Literary Work” activity that includes a definition of theme, a Frequently Asked Questions section, and our 5-STEP process for developing a theme-based thesis statement (with examples)
- A “Theme Development Group Review Game,” which uses a competitive group activity as a theme statement review and revision workshop
- A “Theme Essay Outline Planner,” which guides students from introduction to conclusion through the literary analysis drafting process
- A Common Core-aligned essay worksheet with essay topic, general literary analysis writing tips, peer edit checklist, due date calendar, and 2 Common Core aligned rubrics (Short Form rubric aligned to standards CCRA.W.2, CCRA.R.2, CCRA.L.1, CCRA.L.2; Long Form aligned to standards CCRA.W.2, CCRA.W.4, CCRA.R.2, CCRA.R.3, CCRA.R.4, CCRA.L.1, CCRA.L.2, and CCRA.L.3)
COURSE MANAGEMENT CONTENT:
: : Theme Essay Workshop : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : Theme Essay Workshop : : : :
LESSONS AND UNITS:
: : : : : : : : (FREE) : (FREE) : : : : : : : : Theme Essay Workshop : : :
The Language of Educational Art's Theme Essay Workshop files are provided in print-ready PDFs and Microsoft PowerPoint Macro-enabled presentation files.
The Language of Educational Art produces ready resources for the overworked English teacher. All L-EA content is created to be straightforward, engaging, and clear enough for a “10-second sub plan.” If there is content you wish we had, let us and we’ll create it. Easier still, give us a and enjoy our .