Theme Graphic Organizers for Literary Analysis Digital & Print
Also included in
- These literature graphic organizers for studying literary devices and literary analysis will work with any novel or short story. These literary graphic organizers also work for lit circles. Over 75 graphic organizers to inspire students during and after reading literature are included. Overview of tPrice $13.45Original Price $19.22Save $5.77
Teaching theme with a novel or short story? These theme graphic organizers and activities will engage students and provide ample opportunities for understanding theme. With student choice and scaffolded options, you can move students toward literary analysis.
You will receive a PDF version as well as links for a Google Drive version.
Included are 15 graphic organizers for teaching theme:
1. Tell Everyone! old-fashioned phone
2. Tell Everyone! text message with a smart phone
Note: these options allow for student choice, or the phone image that best
fits with the story’s time period.
3. It’s in the details... providing details to support the theme.
4. It’s in the details... providing a quote and a conflict to support the theme
Note: these two graphic organizers allow for differentiation. Choose the “details” organizer if
students need more options.
5. What is the story’s ‘recipe’ for that perfect theme?
6. Ingredients- adding pieces that create the theme.
Note: these two graphic organizers work well for a class review or for partner work.
7. Movie Time! summarizing the theme throughout the story.
8. Movie Time! drawing scenes that explain the theme.
Note: these pages provide an opportunity to write or to draw scenes that support the theme. Choose
the writing or the picture option for student understanding.
9. Conflicting Gears - finding the theme through the conflicts
10. Round Up the Usual Suspects - possible themes from all stories
11. Megaphone: Inferring the theme
12. Internal Conflict and Theme: breaking down one internal conflict for analysis into the theme.
13. External Conflict and Theme: breaking down one external conflict for analysis into the theme.
14. Setting and Theme: locating if certain settings added specific elements to the theme.
15. Quotes and Theme: looking at revealing quotes that add to the theme.
Finally, the options of these graphic organizers allow for student choice when studying and discussing theme.
You can see an image of most of these in the thumbnails, and the preview has a selection as well.
Do you love literary graphic organizers?
These heme graphic organizers are part of a money-saving bundle! The Literary Devices Graphic Organizers for Any Novel or Short Story has a total of 75 graphic organizers to get students writing and talking about literature.
Looking for more graphic organizers and literary analysis tools for lit circles, novel studies, and short story units?
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.
Feedback from other teachers about these theme graphic organizers:
I love how the students could organize the information to help them study for the test.
This was a fabulous resource and I recommend using it to teach theme.
I'm so thankful for all you creative people who can provide resources like this. Easy to use and adapt!