Theme Lessons and Activities for Teaching Theme - Passages and Worksheets
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes three 3-day mini-units on Theme, Conflict, and Characterization.Great News! The student packets in each mini-unit are also available as a Google Slides resource. In addition to the PDF version, students can complete the packet pages via a file sharing service such as Google DrivPrice $14.99Original Price $16.47Save $1.48
- Save BIG with this bundle of LITERARY DEVICES mini-units --- Theme, Conflict, Characterization, Irony, Mood, Flashbacks and Foreshadowing!This bundle includes SIX 3-day mini-units!Great News! The student packet in each mini-unit is also available as a Google Slides resource for students. In additionPrice $27.99Original Price $32.94Save $4.95
- Looking for an awesome set of lesson plans to teach during the month of July…or even during summer school? This set of four units has everything you need to get students learning all summer long! Filled with units on writing, reading, analyzing, speaking, and listening, this bundle is all you needPrice $22.99Original Price $27.46Save $4.47
Understanding a story’s theme is critical to deciphering the author’s message in a text. This 3-day theme unit is designed to make learning fun while helping students go beyond the surface meaning of text to truly understand the author's message and the underlying meaning of the text. Filled with theme passages, theme worksheets, activities, and tasks, this unit is a hit!
This unit provides numerous opportunities to develop the skill of identifying theme. Each lesson starts with a fun and engaging activity including Theme Comics, Cut-and-Paste Matching, and Theme Writing Passages. Then, students learn about and practice identifying theme through whole group instruction, small group work, partnerships, and independent practice.
In this mini-unit, students will develop a deep understanding of literary devices, theme, explicit and implied theme, and how to identify theme in a passage. Students will complete guided notes, reading comprehension passages, graphic organizers and theme analysis with mini-passages. In addition, they’ll practice identifying theme by reading and acting in a play and while reading short and long reading passages. This is a fun unit for students and teachers!
Great News! The student packet is also available as a Google Slides resource for students. In addition to the PDF version, students can complete the packet pages via a file sharing service such as Google Drive, Google Classroom, or in the internet “cloud.” The digital version of the packet is accessible from any computer and allows students to complete their work online.
* FYI: The anticipatory set activities that accompany each lesson are NOT in a digital format. They will still need to be printed for students due to the hands-on and interactive nature of the activities.
This detailed THEME mini-unit includes:
• 3 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
• Comic Topics
• Comic Strip Template
• Matching Mini-Passages (6)
• Matching Cards
• 2 Finish the Story Writing Passages
• Play Parts for Character Tags (6)
• Theme and Literary Devices Guided Notes
• 3 Short Passages with Reading Comprehension Questions
• What is Theme? Graphic Organizer
• “The Four Oxen and a Lion” Play
• Identify the Theme Practice
• Long Reading Passage with Questions
• All keys for student work and instruction
FYI: This unit is also a part of a Literary Devices Bundle. The bundle is filled with 6 fun mini-units to teach literary devices! You can check it out HERE.
You may also like…
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
*** Click HERE to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
Brain Waves Instruction