29 PAGES + A FLIPCHART + 65 CLIPART IMAGES
This Theme Park Unit is designed to engage young mathematicians in real-world mathematics! They apply what they have learned about
area, perimeter, decimals, and more in order to design a theme park and balance their budget!
This download includes the following resources to help make your unit a success!
1. Theme Park Unit Introduction with theme planning, layout design, and budget balancing
2. Area Tickets (You can use these for students to randomly select the area of their theme park!)
3. Theme Park Catalogue - this includes pages of fun purchases students can choose to make for their park! Each item has a clip art image, the item name, the cost, and the area next to it so that students can plan accordingly!
4. Theme Park Advertisement Assignment - Students come up with an ad for their park!
5. News Report Assignment - Students answer 5 questions from a reporter! This can be extended into a writing unit where students have to type up the news article or even type up somebody else's news article!
6. Theme Park Presentation - Students are expected to respond to 5 key points in their presentation.
7. Theme Park Awards Ballot - Students get to vote for 11 different awards to recognize the hard work that went into designing these parks!
8. Theme Park Awards Flipchart - All you have to do is type in your students' names for the awards they are being recognized for! (Frames courtesy of http://frompond.blogspot.com) Thanks!!
9. CLIPART!! All of the Clip art I use in this document is designed by me!! I included most of the clip art in this download too for your use and enjoyment!
I hope you enjoy! We are visiting a local theme park after completing this unit! It is a fun way to end our school year! :)