Theme is a very difficult concept to teach due to the inferential element. These BIG IDEA THEME POSTERS can be hung and used as a reference for your students as they explore the big ideas in THEME.
This product includes:
- One theme explanation page
- 28 (half-sheet) Theme Posters
- 2 Blank Posters (just in case you need to add additional themes)
- A picture book list organized by theme (corresponds to the posters)
NOTE: On 10/11/16, three posters were added to equal a total of 31 posters (if you've already purchased this Theme product, please download it again). The additional posters include arrogance, appreciation, and dishonesty.
I understand that students in 3rd-5th grade are not using picture books like students in lower elementary, but the purpose of the picture book list is to provide a frame of reference for students who are learning about the big ideas in theme. I genuinely tried to use popular book titles that are readily available or already familiar to students. These books can be located easily and read in a short amount of time if students are in need of further theme exploration.
This is a clickable list for all the theme products available in my store. Please note that the theme bundle, which includes all three theme products, is marked down over 20%.
THEME TASK CARDS AND PRINTABLES
THEME READING PASSAGES AND PRINTABLES
You may also be interested in these Language Arts products:
TASK CARD PRODUCTS
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE PRODUCTS
CHARACTER TRAITS PRODUCTS
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.