2017 UPDATE includes President-Elect Trump.
Themed-based lessons with standards-based activities are the perfect way to integrate tried-and-true methods with Common Core and 21st Century Learning.
This themed set can be used in a variety of ways! Activities are perfect for academic learning centers, large group experiences and assessments. Activities are tied to ELA Common Core for Grades K, 1, & 2 AND 21st Century Student Outcomes.
This set includes:
4 Theme AND Standards-Based Activities
1 Theme-Based Extended Response Item
All in both color and black/white!
1. “The President is a Learner Just Like Me!” - Shared/Guided Reading Book on 21st Century Learners’ Skills and how U.S. Presidents must have those skills, too! RI.K.10, RI.1.1, RI.2.10
2. “Let’s Read About President Lincoln” – Informational Reading Passage with Comprehension Questions RI.K.1, RI.1.1, RI.2.1
3. “Let’s Read About President Washington” – Informational Reading Passage with Comprehension Questions RI.K.1, RI.1.1, RI.2.2
4. “All About President Barak Obama – Mobile or Graphic Organizer Activity L.K.6, L.1.6, SL.2.2 (Addressed through presentation and/or discussion.)
5. “I can be the President!” – Write and draw about how you would use 21st Century Skills if you were president. W.K.8, W.1.8, W.2.8
You might also like -
Presidents' Day Pennant Freebie
President Lincoln Handwriting/a>
President Washington Handwriting