Theme Small Group Reading Lesson Plans and Passages - RL.4.2 & RL.5.2
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Stop searching for reading passages, small group lesson plans, comprehension questions, graphic organizers, and mini anchor charts because this bundle has everything you need to teach small group lessons for all your main fiction skills. Get 41 ready-to-print reading lesson plan sets that will helpPrice $25.00Original Price $33.70Save $8.70
- There are a lot of different reading strategies you can teach your students to help them identify the theme. This reading bundle includes six reading resources that will help your students learn how to understand & identify the theme of fictional stories.*Click on each resource to preview what'sPrice $16.50Original Price $20.50Save $4.00
- Stop searching for reading passages, small group lesson plans, comprehension questions, graphic organizers, and mini anchor charts because this bundle has everything you need to teach small group lessons for the entire year. Get 130+ ready-to-print reading lesson plan sets that will help you teach kPrice $69.50Original Price $112.90Save $43.40
- Hey Danielle,Here is your custom order. Enjoy!-SaraPrice $110.21Original Price $191.65Save $81.44
Do you ever struggle to find resources to help you teach your students to find the theme? With these 4 ready-to-print theme lesson plans, you will have everything you need to teach your small group lessons on identifying the theme of a story! Each lesson set includes everything you need for an effective small group lesson. You'll get scripted teacher lesson plans, student reading passages with a clearly identifiable theme, a strategy card (aka mini-anchor chart) for your lesson objective, and a response sheet with a graphic organizer and comprehension questions connected to the focus for your lessons on theme.
These strategy lessons work great for your small group instruction, but you could also use them for the whole group lessons you plan on teaching during your unit on theme. From helping students to connect the theme to the topic to having them think about the lesson the character learned throughout the story. These strategies will help your students become more confident in their ability to identify theme.
This set of lesson plans makes teaching theme easy. All the planning and prep work has been done for you. All you have to do is print and teach! Think about all the time you'll save not having to hunt for a reading passage that has a clearly identifiable theme and connects to the objective for the lesson. Each small group lesson includes everything you need.
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
- 4 Scripted out teacher lesson plans (perfect for small group instruction)
- 4 Passages to use with each lesson
- 4 Response pages (includes graphic organizer and response questions)
- 4 Strategy Cards (mini-anchor charts)
- Digital Version
- Teacher Guide
- Answer Key
Check out the preview to learn more about this resource.
LET'S BREAK DOWN EACH LESSON ELEMENT:
- Scripted Teacher Lesson Plan - The small group lesson plans provide you with the exact language you need to say to make sure your students are mastering the objective for the lesson. It also provides you with a really easy-to-implement lesson framework that works great for small group lessons.
- Strategy Card - Each lesson also comes with a strategy card (like a mini anchor chart). This strategy card works great as a visual support during your lesson and students can take it with them at the end of the lesson.
- Student Passage - Each passage is short (less than one full page) so it can quickly be read during a small group lesson. It is also written in a way that makes it really easy for the students to practice and apply the focus skill. You won't have to worry if the text you give your students will work for the lesson objective.
- Response Page - If you want to extend your lesson or give your students an extension assignment, you can give them the response page which includes a graphic organizer focused on the lesson objective and three comprehension questions.
- Digital Version - There is also a digital version created using Google Slides so this resource will work during both face-to-face and virtual instruction.
- Answer Key - This resource includes an answer key with possible answers.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Here is a list of all the objectives/focus skills for each lesson.
- Lesson #1 - Topic to Theme
- Lesson #2 - Character Changes
- Lesson #3 - Lessons Learned
- Lesson #4 - Giving Advice
You'll love getting everything you need to teach a small group lesson on theme. Just think of all the hours you'll save not having to type out your lesson plans, hunt for a passage that matches your lesson objective, and then come up with response questions/activities for your students to do after the lesson.
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN USE THIS RESOURCE IN YOUR CLASSROOM:
- Use these lessons during small group instruction to reinforce theme.
- Use as part of your guided reading lessons and spread out the reading and writing over multiple days.
- Use as part of test prep to help your students get ready to identify theme on their end-of-year test.
- Use passages during intervention to help support students who struggle to find theme.
- Use as part of your whole group lesson.
- Leave as part of your sub-plans - the scripted lesson plans make these resource really easy to follow.
LOVED BY BOTH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
→ Your students will love the topics of the stories and texts included in this resource. The passages are high interest and will hold your student’s attention during the entire small group lesson.
→ You’ll love how quick and easy it is to prep your small group lessons. All you have to do is print the materials for the lesson you want to teach and you’re all set to teach. No more searching for reading passages or guided reading books or trying to find a passage that matches the skill you want to teach.
→Your students will love the “bite-sized” objective for each lesson. They won’t feel overwhelmed by what you are trying to teach them. They will feel confident in their ability to practice the one focus skill for each lesson.
→ You’ll love how easy the lesson structure is to follow. Each lesson follows the 4T model (clearly explained in the preview and lesson set). You can be confident that you will be using your small group time in a way that will actually move your students towards reaching their reading goals.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Angela C. said “These lessons are great. There are multiple strategy choices to choose from making it perfect for small-group differentiation. Will be purchasing more that support our standards.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Vanessa R. said, “Love the lesson plans. The graphic organizers are fabulous as well. Help kids focus on the skill being taught with just the right amount of prompting. The small anchor charts are also perfect for literacy notebooks.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lisa L. said, "The stories were very engaging and applicable to the student's life. They enjoyed reading them. The questions are great and it really helps enforce the meaning of theme in a story.”
**The resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.**
⭐️ BUNDLE & SAVE FOR A DISCOUNT⭐️
Purchase theYear-Long Bundle of Small Group Lesson Plans to get this set plus over 100 other small group reading lesson plans.
I THINK YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
→ Reading Comprehension Anchor Charts
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.