Also included in
- Task Card BUNDLE: If you use a lot of task cards in your classroom, then your students may find this new little twist on them engaging and unique. This BUNDLE contains the following 31 SETS OF TASK CARDS! Check out the PREVIEW or click on each link to take a closer look!Inferences Context Clues Aut$44.99$89.50Save $44.51
- This bundle of activities focuses on determining themes found in literary works. Some of the activities include test prep elements because theme questions tend to appear frequently on standardized tests. It is designed to teach upper elementary and middle school students how to analyze a reading pas$10.99$20.74Save $9.75
Theme Task Cards: This resource contains 16 task cards - each task card contains a short narrative. After reading each passage, students are tasked with identifying the theme of each narrative.
Included are TWO options for student responses:
1) Students write a sentence describing the narrative's theme.
2) Students complete a multiple-choice worksheet, identifying the correct theme from 4 choices.
********This resource is available in two formats:
1. Traditional Printables- Print the PDF and distribute paper task cards and recording sheets.
2. Easel Activity- With this format, an interactive layer has been added to the original PDF!** This paperless version uses text boxes and drawing tools so that your students can complete it on a device. You can assign it to your students via Google Drive, and they can return it to you to review. Click on the Getting Started Guide to learn more about this version of the activity!
Feel free to check out my other resources for teaching about themes in literature:
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!