Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$57.48$78.20Save $20.72
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$24.86$30.86Save $6.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$273.72$373.72Save $100.00
- Not only are these the top sellers in our store, they are also some of the best selling products on all of TpT! Classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers, you can't go wrong with these 6 ELA resources. Distance LearningAll of these products can be printed out or used digitally:Figurative Lan$49.62$54.62Save $5.00
- Tackle teaching THEME with these two great resources! These two theme products include printable task cards, google slides to help your students infer the theme of a story, AND a writing extension in Theme Reading & Writing product! Plus, there are audio files that can turn each story into a rea$7.90$10.90Save $3.00
Tackle teaching THEME with these 16 short stories! This resource includes printable task cards and google slides to help your students infer the theme of a story. Plus, there are audio files that can turn each story into a read aloud! This resource has tons of built in options for differentiation and has over 11,000 5-Star reviews!
- 16 story task cards (includes color and black/white options)
- Student Answer Sheets (3 different formats)
- 3 Digital Google Slides Options + plus self-grading Google Forms option
- Easel Assessment (TpT has assured me that the zoom in feature for Easel should be working by back-to-school time!)
- Linked audio files so students can have oral reading support
- Theme reference poster
- Answer Keys
- The answer sheets and digital options include versions that ask students to answer in a multiple choice format, short answer, or challenge
- The story can be listened to with the linked audio files.
- 6 challenge cards are included. These can be used with any story or book!
Theme is a challenging concept. While these cards can be used for individual practice (especially when using the multiple-choice format), you may want to consider using them with your entire class or a small group by reading each story aloud and working together to determine the theme.
What teachers have said about this resource:
♥ WoW! These were the perfect addition to my theme unit! The stories worked out nicely for group/partner work and individual assessment. Thank you! -Sandy W.
♥ These really helped my students understand that theme is more than a summary.
♥ I used this for my lesson I planned and taught for my TPA and it went with flying colors. I did a whole unit on theme of stories, short and long. Thanks! -Ashley B.
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.5.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Also available in a money-saving Reading Strategies Task Card Bundle
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom