Also included in
- This nonfiction text structure bundle has everything you need to keep your upper elementary and middle school students engaged as they learn how to determine the themes found in literary works. Some of the activities include test prep elements because theme questions tend to appear frequently on staPrice $12.00Original Price $22.48Save $10.48
- Task Card BUNDLE: If you use a lot of task cards in your classroom, then your students may find this new little twist on them engaging and unique. This BUNDLE contains the following 31 SETS OF TASK CARDS! Check out the PREVIEW or click on each link to take a closer look!Inferences Context Clues AutPrice $50.00Original Price $90.98Save $40.98
The student will read 16 passages and infer a theme for each.
Theme Task Cards: This resource contains 16 task cards - each task card contains a short narrative. After reading each passage, students are tasked with identifying the theme of each narrative.
Included are TWO options for student responses:
1) Students write a sentence describing the narrative's theme.
2) Students complete a multiple-choice worksheet, identifying the correct theme from 4 choices.
********This resource is available in three formats:
- Traditional Printables- Print the PDF and distribute paper task cards and recording sheets.
- Easel Activity- With this digital format, there is one task card per slide. Students can complete this activity on a device. Students read each passage and determine the theme. Then, they type their answer in the text box on each cupcake.
- Easel Assessment- Students complete this self-grading quiz on a device, as well. After reading each passage, students select the theme from a list of four possible answer choices. With this option, the teacher chooses whether or not his or her students receive immediate feedback.
Feel free to check out my other resources for teaching about themes in literature:
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!