Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tas$64.03$80.03Save $16.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$277.02$377.02Save $100.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$25.41$33.41Save $8.00
- Not only are these the top sellers in our store, they are also some of the best selling products on all of TpT! Classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers, you can't go wrong with these 6 ELA resources. Distance LearningAll of these products can be printed out or used digitally:Figurative Lan$49.81$61.81Save $12.00
- Tackle teaching THEME with these two great resources! These two theme products include printable task cards, google slides to help your students infer the theme of a story, AND a writing extension in Theme Reading & Writing product! Plus, there are audio files that can turn each story into a rea$7.90$10.90Save $3.00
Theme is a tricky skill to master, but this resource can make teaching theme easier for you and learning it easier for your students!
- 16 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets (3 different formats)
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides (3 versions)
- Google Forms Assessment - Self-Checking
- Easel Assessment - Self-Checking
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Cards to extend the lesson
- Reference Poster
- Audio Support
- Self-Checking and Short Answer
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 4th, 5th, or 6th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving Reading Strategies bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Making Inferences Task Cards
- Informational Text Structure Task Cards
- Main Idea Task Cards
- Summarizing Task Cards
- Cause & Effect Task Cards
- Compare & Contrast Task Cards
- Author's Purpose Task Cards
This resource is also part of more money-saving bundles including:
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Theme is a challenging concept. While these cards can be used for individual practice (especially when using the multiple-choice format), you may want to consider using them with your entire class or a small group by reading each story aloud and working together to determine the theme.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "WoW! These were the perfect addition to my theme unit! The stories worked out nicely for group/partner work and individual assessment. Thank you!" -Sandy W.
✏️ "These really helped my students understand that theme is more than a summary." -Cindi P.
✏️ "I used this for my lesson I planned and taught for my TPA and it went with flying colors. I did a whole unit on theme of stories, short and long. Thanks!" -Ashley B.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Close Reading Comprehension Passages
- Reading Responses (LitSparks)
- Reading Fluency Task Cards (Upper Elementary)
Common Core Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.5.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom