My Busy Body Theme Unit
In this theme the subject of taking care of our body is covered.
children are running, laughing, playing..... they are very extraordinary people!
Creating good habits as a child will usually carry over into adulthood. The 5 topics
covered in this week are only the 'tip of the iceberg' - discuss other items that are
good and healthy for them - ask for their opinions.
Included in this preschool to kindergarten themed unit:
* Creating a 'growth chart'is the first fun activity. It encourages measurement on an
on going basis.
* Sleeping 8 - 10 hours every night is very important to a growing body. Making a clock is
next fun activity. Discuss the importance of a good night sleep.
* Eating a balanced meal that includes protein, grain, fruit, vegetable and milk products is
important to a growing body. The activity for this will be a food classification challenge.
* Exercise is a necessity of life no matter what your age. The activity for this is a group
of exercise cards that the child can color and cut out - then do!
* Staying clean is not always on the child's mind but is important to the healthy 'busy body'.
A 'bath tub' activity with cutting is the themed activity. The bubbles are numbered through 10.
This ebook contains 37 pages and includes non - themed material .... examples:
Taco Alphabet file folder activity
beginning sound worksheet
Social Science suggested activity
Science suggested activity
Thank you for stopping by the Dollar Store Teacher!
Please Visit the Store here
for more fun and interactive resources.
Check out all of the great ... affordable units and individual items available in the store.... Example:
If just introducing 'money' .... this center bag unit below is perfect -
Money Recognition Themed Center Bag Unit
Please check out these other money based acitivities -
Coin to Cent Value File Folder Fun Activity
Counting by 5 - Nickel File Folder Fun Activity
Smart Chute Style Cards for Money