PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teaching theme and how to find theme in Literature is simplified with this 71-page differentiated unit. Utilize theme graphic organizers to help you teach theme and track theme. The Theme Unit is flexible in its use. Portions may be used throughout the year, giving students the repeated experience of finding and proving a theme in their independent reading. Assessments are included, and there's even an accelerated option for students to create a Common Core-type assessment for other students. May be used as a whole-class activity, small group activity, or center activity.
Included you'll find
• 4-Pages of Teacher Tips and How to Use This Unit
• 12-Fables (2-versions of each (with and without the moral)
• List of Themes
• Options for Introducing Theme and Using the Fables
• 2-Pages on How to Find Themes in Literature
• Finding Theme Practice
• Differentiated Assessments and Keys
• Text Evidence Proof Frames
• Writing Frames
• Student Create Your Own Fable Pages & Assessment
• Smarter Balanced Question Analysis
• Options for Center Use
• Alternative Themes for the Fables
You might also like these other products from It's a Teacher Thing:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.