Teaching theme and how to find theme in literature is simplified with this engaging 71-page differentiated unit. Includes theme graphic organizers to help you teach theme and help students track theme in literature.
The Theme Unit is flexible because portions may be used throughout the year, giving students the repeated experience of finding and proving a theme in their independent or whole-class reading.
Assessments are included, as well as an accelerated option for students to create a Common Core-type assessment for other students. This easy-to-use printable resource ready to use!
Included in this engaging and useful resource you'll find
- 4-Pages of Teacher Tips and How to Use This Unit
- 12-Fables (2-versions of each (with and without the moral)
- List of Themes
- Options for Introducing Theme and Using the Fables
- 2-Pages on How to Find Themes in Literature
- Finding Theme Practice
- Differentiated Assessments and Keys
- Text Evidence Proof Frames
- Writing Frames
- Student Create Your Own Fable Pages & Assessment
- Smarter Balanced Question Analysis
- Options for Center Use
- Alternative Themes for the Fables
- Use whole-class, small group, or centers
You might also like these other products from It's a Teacher Thing:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. New products are 50% off for 24 hours. Be the first to know!