Also included in
- This resource includes three reading unit to teach character traits, theme, and reading genres to upper elementary students. These reading unit include, reading response examples, mini lessons, interactive notebooks pages, genre reading posters, rubrics, and assessments.This bundle includes the foll$28.00$35.00Save $7.00
- This resource includes five different English Language Arts units to teach literature and informational reading concepts. The literature and information unit cover all common core state standards literature and informational concepts, while the theme, character traits, and genre units dig deeper int$55.00$73.00Save $18.00
This resource includes a reading unit to teach theme to upper elementary and middle school ELA students in 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. This theme reading unit includes, reading response examples, mini lessons, interactive notebooks pages, genre reading posters, rubrics, and assessments.
This unit includes everything you need to teach the topic of theme:
- Interactive notebook pages with examples
- Common-core standard alignment
- Teacher data collections sheets
- Pre- assessments and post-assessments with all answer keys
In each lesson you will find the following format:
- Common Core Standards for 4th, 5th, and 6th grades
- Materials Needed
- Reader’s Workshop
There are 10 mini-lessons in the unit
2. Using Prior Knowledge to Understand Theme
3. What Is Theme?
4. Why Is Theme Important?
5. Reading Response One
6. Using Familiar Books To Understand Theme
7. Digging Deeper
8. Reading Response Two
9. Theme Cumulating Activity
Be sure to check out the preview to see EVERYTHING that is included in this unit!