This lesson is about the poem Theme for English B by Langston Hughes. The file includes the following:
* a mini-lesson about Langston Hughes
* a mini-lesson about free verse and enjambment
* questions for students to analyze the poem
* an activity for students to create their own poem in the same style and then analyze/explain its meaning
* a short bubble map and writing prompt
* a poem analysis writing assignment
* an essay comparing two Theme for English B and The Negro Speaks of Rivers by Langston Hughes
If you see poem lessons in my store that you would also like to bundle, please email me at email@example.com and I can build a packet to meet your classroom needs.
Before rating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our site at www.ek12schools.com
Please download my featured FREE product at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Middle-School-SAT-List-1-Vocabulary-Unit-and-PowerPoint-Lecture-1-of-10
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.