Grab these 27 Theme in Literature labels that you can use to create a bulletin board or visual minilesson aid as you teach theme in reading. Read aloud/picturebook suggestions are included. NEWLY REVISED, this RESOURCE HAS DOUBLED!
This helpful resource contains bulletin board label cards with and without definitions depending on how you want to display your themes.
* common core standards posters for 1st-5th grades
THREE VERSIONS OF THE THEME POSTERS (anchor chart parts):
1) 1/2 sized without definitions
2) 1/2 sized with definitions
3) full size with definitions
* definition pages for theme and author's message
* student bookmarks so that they have a theme list to refer to
* response templates for writing about the theme and author's message
* a 21 page list of suggested read alouds with space for planning your minilesson ideas and for adding additional read alouds you find to fit each theme
(Themes include: kindness, forgiveness, equality, home, friendship, belonging, individualism, accepting others, freedom, accepting change, courage, perseverance, making a difference, responsibility, injustice, traditions, leadership, identity, values, good triumphs, compassion, sacrifice, selflessness, family, power of love, government)
RL1.2, RL2.2, RL3.2, RL3.9, RL4.2, RL4.9, RL5.2, RL5.9
Want more of my literacy resources? I've put together 5 of my TOP literacy resources. Save 20% on them all by grabbing the bundle! Check out what's included in my Mega Literacy Bundle by clicking the links below:
1) Readers Workshop Launch Kit: Building a Reading Life
2) Writer's Workshop Launch Unit Materials
3) Character Traits Adjectives Bulletin Board Set
4) EMOJI Style Character Traits Adjectives Bulletin Board Set
5) Theme Labels for Bulletin Boards and Theme Lessons
Read More about My Reflections and Resources at the Tarheelstate Teacher Blog
Instagram is My Jam! Follow me!
Pin With Me on Pinterest!
Find me on Facebook!