This 5-Day+ culturally responsive unit is a great way to promote diversity and was designed to help students understand what bullying is and what it isn’t. The learning activities in this unit will help students to know what they can do if they are being bullied or if they see bullying happening. The activities were also designed to help “bullies” understand how their intended victims feel, and to build empathy between the students/between the bullies and their intended victims. There is an overarching theme of how to be a friend, kind, accepting, and compassionate towards others.
- 5 Days of detailed, editable lesson plans (can be converted to 10)
- Daily Activities
- Daily Printables (many are differentiated)
- Daily Assessments (many are differentiated)
- Daily Reflections & Discussions
- Whole Group Work
- Small Group Work
- Independent Practice
- Follow-Up Activities
- Book List
- Summative Project
Books needed for this unit are:
- Stop Picking on Me by Pat Thomas
- The Junkyard Wonders by Patricia Polacco
- Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell
- Bullies Never Win by Margery Cuyler
- Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson
- The Sneetches by Dr. Seuss
- A Bad case of Stripes by David Shannon
- The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Recess Queen by Alexis O’Niell
- Owen & Mzee by Craig and Isabella Hatkoff
- What is bullying?
- What could bullying look like and or sound like?
- What does it feel like to be bullied?
- What should do if you are being bullied?
- Have you ever been bullied?
- Have you ever been a bully?
- How can you help someone who is being bullied?
- How can you make sure that you are not a bully?
- How to be a friend!
- We are all different, unique and special in our own ways!
- How to follow-up the unit- what to do next!
**This resource is included in my 1st & 2nd Grade Survival Kits for a discounted price here:
1st Grade Teacher Survival Kit!
2nd Grade Teacher Survival Kit!
Please visit my store for more lesson plans and ideas. Thank You!
You may also like:
A Year of Monthly Word Problems!
A Year of Lessons and Printables in 1st Grade!
Vowels and Digraphs No Prep Bundle
Teacher Evaluation Responses
All About Me, A Personal Narrative
Spelling for the Whole Year!
Teacher Survival Toolkit, A Bundle of Must Have Essentials
The awesome Graphics & Fonts are from: www.mycutegraphics.com and https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Simply-Steam-By-Sarah-Barnett