Grab these 26 Theme in Literature labels that you can use to create a bulletin board or visual minilesson aid as you teach theme in reading.
This helpful resource contains bulletin board label cards with and without definitions depending on how you want to display your themes.
* a title page for the bulletin board
* definition pages for theme and author's message
* a link to a database of theme read alouds
* a template for responding to the theme by thinking about the author's message (for teacher to model as well as students to create from read alouds)
* common core standards posters for 1st-5th grades
(Themes include: kindness, forgiveness, equality, home, friendship, belonging, individualism, accepting others, freedom, accepting change, courage, perseverance, making a difference, responsibility, injustice, traditions, leadership, identity, values, good triumphs, compassion, sacrifice, selflessness, family, power of love, government)
RL1.2, RL2.2, RL3.2, RL3.9, RL4.2, RL4.9, RL5.2, RL5.9