Teach the themes that John Steinbeck showcased in Of Mice and Men with this Interactive Theme Mini-Binder. This resource includes a hands-on Theme Mini-Binder that students assemble, along with a six-slide PowerPoint presentation that explains each of the themes and shows students the (simple) process for assembling the Mini-Binder and (optional) storage pocket. You can print the Mini-Binder pages, display the PowerPoint presentation (or print it if you prefer), and start teaching in minutes!
This lesson includes:
1. Interactive Themes in Of Mice and Men Mini-Binder
• Mini-binder Front and Back Covers
• Mini-Binder Theme Pages (Students write evidence and explanations of each of the
themes they identify in the text.)
• Mini-Pocket for storage (Pocket can be glued, taped or stapled to a sheet of paper,
card stock or file folder. Its use is optional. It's up to you!)
2. PowerPoint Presentation: Themes in Of Mice and Men
• The American Dream -- Plausible or Impossible?
• Power Struggles and Power Shifts
• The Security of Friendship / The Agony of Isolation
• Marginalized Groups are Treated Unfairly: Women, African Americans, The Mentally and Physically Challenged
And • How to assemble the Mini-Binder - 3 photos.
3. For the Teacher:
• Two-page Teacher's Guide with Procedures, Share with your Students, and Resources Needed sections.
• Examples of Themes in all six chapters with page numbers so you can easily find them in the book.
I sincerely hope that you enjoy using this resource with your students. Please visit again or follow my store so that you’ll be the first to know when I've added new literature resources.
You may also like:
Of Mice and Men Interactive Notebook
Constructed Responses and Higher Order Thinking Questions
Bell Ringers Writing Prompts For Any Middle or High School Classroom
**Thank you** for stopping by my store!
All the best!
Maryann, from Secondary Strategies