Then and Now History Unit - 52 pages & 52 Activities!!
Aligned with K-2 standards but can be used for older children as well!
This huge pack contains everything you need to teach young students about how life in the past has changed.
It also teaches students about the concept of history and how to sequence events in their own personal history and in their family history & ancestry.
The following "Then & Now" activities are a one page nonfiction article. Each of the "Then & Now" activities is followed by a personalized one-page 5W graphic organizer and a half sheet writing prompt to compare and contrast then & now. Depending on your needs, use either or both activities in response to the article. The bonus reusable 5W graphic organizer can also be used with any historical artifact or object.
Packet includes (PDF & WORD DOCUMENT (editable):
- My Daily Timeline
- My Personal History
- Ordering Week & Months
- One Year of History
- What is history?
- What is included in history?
- Reusable- Then & Now 5Ws graphic Organizer for any object/historical artifact
- Hieroglyphics & Papyrus
- Then and Now Writing Tools
- Then and Now Water Sources
- Then and Now Growing Food
- Then and Now Cooking Food
- Then and Now WMaking Clothes
- Then and Now Having Fun
- Then and Now Rules & Laws
- Then and Now Music Players
- Then and Now Communication (telephone)
- Then and Now Light
- Then and Now School
- Then and Now Transportation
- Then and Now Work Roles in and out of home (men vs. women)
- Then and Now Styles of Dress (Image)
- Is the picture from long ago or yesterday? #1
- Is the picture from long ago or yesterday? #2
- Interview a family member (interview questions)
- Writing Task: Compare & contrast your life with the daily life of parent, grandparent, etc. you interviewed.
- Timeline of My Life
This Product is Aligned with Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd History / Social Studies Standards for the State of California, which are also aligned with the official socialstudies.org standards and the Department. of Defense Education Standards (below):
- California State Standards for Social Studies
- Department of Defense (dodea) Standards for Social Studies
- Socialstudies.org Standards for Social Studies
**YOU MAY ALSO LIKE**
ELA Print and Go Lesson Plans
ELA Task Cards
Culturally Relevant ELA Lessons
Emotional Intelligence SEL Curriculum
Social Justice & Global Citizenship Curriculum
Poetry Lessons & Units
Writing & Grammar Units
Holiday Print and Go Lesson Plans
Social Studies Lessons & Units
ELA Rubrics and Assessments
Differentiation & SpEd Professional Development
VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR TEACHING RESOURCES & TIPS