Also included in
- Complete Elementary Social Studies Curriculum for Kindergarten, 1st Grade and 2nd Grade. No prep primary (K, Grade 1 and Grade 2) History for the entire year!Perfect for distance learning! 6 best-selling products (25% OFF)Government Economics U.S. Symbols Historical FiguresCommunities & Citizens$15.00$22.00Save $7.00
Then and Now Social Studies Unit. 52 activities available as printable worksheets or Google Documents. Perfect for Google Classroom distance learning.
Aligned with K-2 standards but can be used for older children as well!
This huge pack contains everything you need to teach young students about how life in the past has changed.
It also teaches students about the concept of history and how to sequence events in their own personal history and in their family history & ancestry.
The following "Then & Now" activities include nonfiction articles. Each of the "Then and Now" nonfiction reading response activities is followed by a personalized one-page 5W graphic organizer and a half sheet writing prompt to compare and contrast then and now. Depending on your needs, use either or both activities in response to the article. The bonus reusable 5W graphic organizer can also be used with any historical artifact or object.
Zip includes (.pdf, .docx + Google Doc):
- My Daily Timeline
- My Personal History
- Ordering Week & Months
- One Year of History
- What is history?
- What is included in history?
- Reusable- Then and Now 5Ws graphic organizer for any object/historical artifact
- Hieroglyphics and Papyrus
- Then and Now Writing Tools
- Then and Now Water Sources
- Then and Now Growing Food
- Then and Now Cooking Food
- Then and Now Making Clothes
- Then and Now Having Fun
- Then and Now Rules and Laws
- Then and Now Music Players
- Then and Now Communication (telephone)
- Then and Now Light (electricity)
- Then and Now School
- Then and Now Transportation
- Then and Now Work Roles in and out of home (men vs. women)
- Then and Now Styles of Dress (Image)
- Is the picture from long ago or yesterday? #1
- Is the picture from long ago or yesterday? #2
- Interview a family member (interview questions)
- Writing Task: Compare & contrast your life with the daily life of parent, grandparent, etc. you interviewed.
- Timeline of My Life
This Then and Now History Product is aligned with Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade Social Studies Standards for the State of California, which are also aligned with the official socialstudies.org standards and the Department of Defense Education Standards (below):
- California State Standards for Social Studies
- Department of Defense (dodea) Standards for Social Studies
- Socialstudies.org Standards for Social Studies
Enjoy 52 Then and Now Social Studies printable worksheets or Google Document activities - Perfect for Google Classroom distance learning.