This is a great assignment for students who have just finished reading John Grisham's Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer. Students will write an "I Am" poem, focusing on recalling main events from the novel and using character traits to describe a character (of their choice) from the novel.
1. Assignment description for students
2. Fill-in-the-blank poem outline
3. Trial and courtroom word list with definitions
4. Easy-to-use poem rubrics (3 versions)
5. List of personal teaching ideas & bulletin board ideas for this activity
*****Check out these other activities for Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer!*****
Friendly LetterSketch the Courtroom