TherAPPy Tools: iPad Apps for Pediatric SLPs (Recorded Webinar & Handouts)
I’m an SLP with over 30 years of experience who has used thousands of iOS apps on my iPads since 2012. Come learn from my extensive experience in using apps to target specific SLP goals.
This recorded webinar covers:
- General iPad tips
- iPad and iPad case recommendations
- How to improve iPad battery life
- Cautions about iOS updates and app updates
- Reasons to use apps in therapy
- Things to consider when using apps in therapy
- Guided Access & Screen Time
- Organizing apps
- How to find great apps
- Great free PDF viewer app
- What to look for in well-designed apps
- AAC resources
- Combining apps with toys, books, games & traditional SLP materials
- Suggested apps for over 50 SLP goal areas / needs with links to 29 app demo videos
Expected Learner Outcomes:
- List at least three characteristics of high quality apps for use in therapy.
- Select apps based on the unique needs of individual patients / students.
- Use Guided Access & Screen Time to lock areas within apps, prevent exiting an app, prevent accessing specific apps, etc..
- Access a current list of apps for SLPs sorted by goal areas.
- Identify at least 5 apps to use with current patients / students on their caseload.
- Know how to incorporate apps with traditional SLP materials, games, toys & books.
What’s included with the purchase of this product:
- Recorded Webinar Video (1 hour, 9 minutes), viewable on the unlisted YouTube link provided in the Handout PDF
- Handouts (87 page PDF): 1 slide per page, link to recorded webinar video, links to 29 app demo videos
If you want links to be clickable, please view the PDF in the free Xodo app (), Books app or other PDF viewer.
NOTE: This resource is not intended to be used in Easel
Have a question? The best way to reach me is via Facebook messaging over on my OMazing Kids page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/
Thanks for purchasing this product from my TPT store!
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC,
OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting
Note: This purchase does NOT include any apps. I only included apps that I’ve used and found helpful. I have no way to know whether or not apps that are featured will always be available since the App Store changes without notice.