Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.74 MB | 41 per version (82 total) pages
It's almost time for some tricks and treats! Join the old lady for some Halloween fun with “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat: A Book Companion For Language”!
When you purchase “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat: A Book Companion For Language” you will receive both a full color version and a black and white version. You get to decide which one you would rather use.
When you purchase “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat: A Book Companion For Language” here’s what you get:
1. Vocabulary Cards: You get 7 tier 1 vocabulary cards to work on expressive or receptive vocabulary related to the story.
2. Feed the Old Lady: You receive the old ladies head as well as visuals. Your students can name or identify the visuals before "feeding" her.
3. Story Retelling Mat and Visuals: You get a story retelling mat and 8 visuals. Your students can cut out the visuals and glue them in the correct order on the story mat. Have your students retell the story when they are finished gluing.
4. Interactive Story Retelling Booklet: You get a story retelling booklet with visuals. Your students can cut out the visuals and glue them on the correct page. When they are finished cut the pages apart and staple them together.
5. Comprehension Questions: You get 10 "why" questions for your students to answer related to the story.
6. Yes/No Questions: You get 17 yes/no questions for your students to answer.
7. Positional Concepts: You get 11 cards with a haunted house and ghost telling your student's where the ghost is located. You also get 5 cards asking your student's to tell where the ghost is located.
8. Cause and Effect Matching: You get 5 sets of cause and effect cards related to the story. Allow your students to play a “memory” type game by matching the cause to the effect.
9. Match A Rhyme: You get 8 sets of rhyming cards. Allow your students to play a “memory” type game by matching rhyming words from the story.
10. Plural Nouns: You get 11 singular/plural noun cards. Read or allow your students to read the sentences on the card and fill in the blank with the correct plural noun.
11. Past Tense Verbs: You get 11 present tense/past tense verb cards.Read or allow your student to read the sentences on the card and fill in the blank with the correct past tense noun.
12.Negations: You get 11 negation cards. Read the card to your students and have them point to or verbally respond with the correct answer.
13. Writing Prompts: You get 5 simple writing prompts to help your students improve their writing skills.
14. Answer and Dot Reinforcer: You get 1 answer and dot reinforcer page. Allow your students to color, dot, or cover a circle for each question they answer.
Please ask any questions you may have before purchasing.
I am in no way associated with this book or author. You will need to purchase the book “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat” by Lucile Colandro separately.
Don’t forget to leave feedback so you can earn TPT credit and have a chance to be picked for the “Speechy Feedback” linky party! If your comment is chosen you will win a free product of your choice!