"There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Turkey" is a great addition to any therapy room for the month of November. This book companion can be used to target several articulation and language skills. A color version and a black and white version are included.
This is a book companion for "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Turkey" by Lucille Colondro. You must purchase the book separately.
Included in this pack:
Sound Hunt: Students find words in the story that contain their speech sound and write them on the provided worksheet
Vocabulary Bingo (color and b/w): Includes six different bingo cards and 1 calling sheet. Students take turns drawing a calling card and naming the picture. You can also have students describe each picture. The first one to get three in a row wins!
Sequencing Mat (color and b/w): Includes 1 sequencing mat and 7 object cards. Students place the objects from the story in the order the old lady swallowed them. Cards can also be used to retell the story.
- Option 1 (color): Includes 16 cards. Students match 8 pairs of rhyming words from the story by playing “Memory”.
- Option 2 (b/w): Use a pencil and a paperclip to make a spinner. Students spin the wheel and name a rhyming word for the object.
- Option 1 (color): Includes 12 cards. Use the cards to teach prepositions
- Option 2 (color): Includes 12 cards. Students read the sentence and fill-in the blank with the correct preposition.
- Option 3 (b/w): Students cut out the objects from the story, read the directions, and glue each picture in relation to the old lady.
- Option 1 (color): Includes 24 cards. Read the question on each card. Students can point to the correct answer on the card or verbally answer the question.
- Option 2 (b/w): Students read each question and circle the correct answer.
- Option 1 (color): Includes 12 “what” questions with answers in a field of 3 and 6 “why” questions without visuals.
- Option 2 (b/w): Students read each "what" question and color the picture that answers it.
- Option 3 (b/w): Students read each question and write why the old lady ate each item in the provided space.
- Option 1 (color): Includes 16 cards. Students play “I have, who has” to practice using regular plurals. The student with the old lady starts the game.
- Option 2 (b/w): Students read the word on each hat and state its plural form.
- Option 1 (color): Includes 15 past tense and 15 present tense cards. Students read each sentence and fill-in the blank with the correct past or present tense verb.
- Option 2 (b/w): Students state the past/present/future tense form of each verb, the color the picture using the color key.
- Option 1 (color): Includes 36 object cards and 12 sorting mats. Students sort objects into categories by placing them on the correct mat.
- Option 2 (b/w): Have students read the directions to see what color to use for each category. Students look at the picture in each turkey and decide what category it belongs to.
Thank you for visiting my store!!