This activity goes along with the book "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books" by Lucille Colandro.
1. Print the pages and cut out the pieces (face, stomach, and school items) and laminate.
2. Place tape or Velcro on the school items.
3. Punch holes in the ears of the face and sides of stomach.
4. Tie string/yarn to each side for child to tie the face around their head as a mask and the stomach around their waist.
5. Have the child place the items on the stomach as you re-read the book or as the child retells the story.