This language based book companion
is the prefect compliment to the book "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books"
by Lucille Colandro. Using this companion pack you can easily address 8 different language skills
, such as tier 1 vocabulary, sequencing, retell, comprehension, and much more! This book companion is perfect for SLPs or special education teachers. Books are a great way to enhance language skills in children. With the purchase of this companion you will receive both a full color version as well as a black/white version. You get to pick and choose which version or portions of the versions you use.
Here's what's included:
→ Vocabulary Cards ←
• 9 Tier 1 vocabulary cards
• 9 smaller vocabulary cards to “feed” the old lady
• 1 old lady head
→ Sequencing ←
• 3 versions of graphic organizers each containing 9 visuals
• 1 Story retelling booklet with visuals
• 2 writing prompts to retell the story in a written format
→ Questions ←
• 12 yes/no questions with visuals
• 7 “why” questions
• 9 “what” questions
→ Rhyming ←
• 8 receptive matching rhyme cards with 3 answer choices on each card
• 8 expressive rhyming cards
→ Sound Segmentation ←
• 1 “beginning sound” matching worksheet
• Answer key
• 1 cut and glue “beginning sound” worksheet
• 1 “ending sound” matching worksheet
• Answer key
• 1 cut and glue “ending sound” worksheet
→ Positional Concepts ←
• 8 receptive positional concept picture cards
• 8 expressive positional concept picture cards
→ Object Function ←
• 12 receptive object function cards with answers in a field of 3
• 12 expressive object function cards.
→ Writing Prompts ←
• 4 writing prompts to get your students writing short paragraphs
✎ Please note: The Speech Owl is in no way affiliated with this book or the author, Lucille Colandro. You must purchase this book separately.
→ You may also like these vocabulary products: ←
If You Take A Mouse To School: A Book Companion For Language
The Kissing Hand: Book Companion
The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad Shark: Book Companion For Language
When The Leaf Blew In: A Book Companion For Language
The Pout Pout Fish Goes To School: A Book Companion for Language Therapy
☛ Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing! ☚
★ Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
☑ Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl